Framebuffer driver for controller with indirect addressing?

I am trying to support a Tianma TM023KDH18 QVGA LCD display (1) via a 16-bit parallel bus interface on a BF537 Blackfin running the distribution from blackfin.uclinux.org. Built into the display is a ILITEK ILI9342 controller (2). The controller has built-in memory for the framebuffer and handles refreshing the display automatically. Changing the contents of the framebuffer is done by sending commands to set the starting pixel position, then writing repeatedly to the same address with the data for each successive pixel. It does not have address lines, so the framebuffer memory is not directly accessible as with the S1D13XXX chips. A single D/CX pin, which we plan to treat like an address line, controls whether each bus read/write operation is treated as a command or data.

I am wondering if there is an existing driver for something that works in a similar way that I could use as a model. I think I am going to need to create a shadow framebuffer in system memory (maybe using the virtual framebuffer) and DMA it to the graphics controller whenever the displayed information changes (or maybe on the double-buffer flip). Ultimately I would like to use Qt, so building on the existing framebuffer API seems like a good idea.

If someone could point me to a driver that works in a similar way, it would help me out a lot. Thanks.

Steve

(1) Datasheet at http://www.tianma-usa.com/web/uploads/spec/0906123532_TM023KDH18%20V1.0.pdf
(2) Datasheet at http://linkcomm.com/temp/ILI9342.pdf

---