Login prompt on a video console instead of serial port?

I'm using a Freescale P1022DS (PowerPC e500 core) system, which has a built-in
video controller.  I have a framebuffer driver that works fine, and if I add
"video=fslfb:1280x1024-32@60,monitor=0 console=tty0" to the command-line, then
*most* of the kernel boot log appears on the serial port and the video display.

However, the login prompt is always on the serial port.  This happens even if I
delete the "console=ttyS0,115200" from the command-line.  I presume this is
because the "linux,stdout-path" property in the device tree always points to a
serial port node.

So my question is: what do I need to do get the login prompt on the video
console?  That is, stdout goes to /dev/fb0 but stdin is still from /dev/ttyS0.
I presume I need to direct "linux,stdout-path" to the fslfb node in the device
tree, but there doesn't appear to be support for "linux,stdin-path".

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale