Re: e2fsck: Device or resource busy

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, Theodore Tso wrote:
The key thing that you need to do when trying to recover from RAID
setups where you are missing one or more disks is to align the pieces
so they are in their original places, with the missing pieces replaced
with a /dev/zero device.

Hm, interesting, I did not consider that yet. Thanks for the links, I'll have a look. But again: I don't really care for the data, I was just playing around and wondering why it reported "Device or resource busy"
when I expected something like "unable to find superblock".

(I'm assuming here you were using software RAID; if this was a

Yes, it was software RAID.

Thanks again,
Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #112:

The monitor is plugged into the serial port