Re: powerpc e2fsprogs and fast symlink

Aneesh Kumar K.V wrote:

> The extent support on powerpc doesn't seems to work with e2fsprogs.
> make check on e2fsprogs on powerpc gives
>
> f_extents: basic extents support: failed

I see a few things wrong:

Looks like swap_inode_full was incorrectly swapping the i_block
data for extents, as well as incorrectly checking for the
EXTENTS flag on big-endian boxes.  Hmm maybe I need to think
a little more about symlinks with the extent flag set...

Also, pass1.c was having trouble when the extent flag was improperly
set or unset, because then the extent header was improperly unswapped
or swapped, so verify_header gave the wrong answer.  Temporarily
re-swapping the header before checking fixes...

I'm working on a patch for these problems, trying to make it
not too ugly.  :)

-Eric