Re: wlan0 will not be automatically added to br0

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Markus Feldmann <feldmann_markus@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> i want my wlan0 added automatically to br0 on my Debian Squeeze Server. At
> the moment the ports eth[1-3] are running over br0. I am using kernel 3.2.9.
> The port eth0 is only for internet. eth[1-3] are for my local network at
> home. When i manually add wlan0 to br0 i can built up a communication
> between my laptop and my server. Therfore i execute the command <brctl addif
> br0 wlan0> on my server.

.... snip ...

For an ALIX box, I was looking at this link
<http://wiki.debian.org/BridgeNetworkConnections>  under "Bridging
with a wireless NIC"  and this
<http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-networking-3/wireless-wired-bridge-on-debian-squeeze-883201/>.

However, I switched to openWRT so I have no personal experience with
the implementation on Debian.  I would suggest that you try Voyage
Linux (Debian based).   It comes with a quite a few sample
configurations to setup an AP and you may be able to extend the
scripts to meet your requirements.

HTH
--
Arun Khan