Re: Packet "leakage" between two bridges

Ben and Jarrod thanks very much for sharing your thoughts.   I will
try Jarrod's suggestion first.

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 2:02 AM, J L <lists@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You have assumed (as I did, when I first tried this) that the first
> "-net nic" and "-net tap" are automatically associated with each
> other. They aren't - you have to tell KVM explicitly.

Yes, I had assumed the implicit association.

> I find it easiest to think of it as if there was a (in your example
> here) *four* port switch inside the KVM process - with two ports
> connected to the host, and two to the guests.
>
> Like a real switch, in order to run two networks through it, you need
> to VLAN it.
> Add "vlan=1" to your first pair of "-net"'s, and "vlan=2" to the other.

Although the usage of VLAN is documented in the kvm man page, this did
not strike me because my mind was set with the above assumption :)
I will give it a shot and post my results here.

Thanks again.
-- Arun Khan