Re: Packet "leakage" between two bridges

Arun,

You have assumed (as I did, when I first tried this) that the first
"-net nic" and "-net tap" are automatically associated with each
other. They aren't - you have to tell KVM explicitly.

I find it easiest to think of it as if there was a (in your example
here) *four* port switch inside the KVM process - with two ports
connected to the host, and two to the guests.

Like a real switch, in order to run two networks through it, you need
to VLAN it.

Add "vlan=1" to your first pair of "-net"'s, and "vlan=2" to the other.

Hope that helps,
--
Jarrod

Jarrod Lowe