Bridge is not forwarding packet on correct vlan port <Help Needed>

Hi All,

I am facing one very strange problem with bridge in our wireless Access Point. Let me explain you my setup first. I have two Linux bridge br114 and br113 in my AP. Both the bridge have two vlan interfaces under it, one Ethernet vlan iface (eth1.xx) and another one is radio vlan interface (ath0.xx). So now both the bridge will look like this

br113  = > eth1.113 + eth0.113

br114  = > eth1.114 + eth0.114

I have connected two wireless stations with this AP. Two stations (STA113 and STA114) are connected to br113. Now I am pinging to their respective DHCP server from all the three stations. This is all about setup.

After some time, ping from STA113 and STA114 stops for their respective DHCP server. I have checked the ARP table and found that it has a valid entry so I think the problem lies in bridge code. I think bridge is only dropping the packet and not forwarding it to proper interface. At this time I have put some message in br_forward.c and found that it is putting the packet on same interface, I mean eth0.113 to eth0.113, due to this should_deliver is falling and packet is getting dropped.

Can somebody explain me something about this behavior? I mean where I should look into code to solve this issue. I am expecting some help on this because I am stuck on this. One more very important thing, it happens when I am having two bridges, things works fine with single bridge. I mean it happen only when I have both the bridge br113 and br114. If I have only br113 then things are working fine.

Thanks and Regards,

Rahul Bhardwaj

See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz.