how to verify the blocking state in STP??

Hi,

I configured a bridge br1 with eth0 and eth1 as its member ports , connected a hub to both the ports so that a loop is been created in the bridge, also connected a host to another port of the hub.

When I ping the bridge br1 from the host with STP off then the ping request and reply is generated on both the member ports eth0 and eth1 since hub broadcasts the packets to both the ports ,

When STP is on eth0 is in forwarding state  while eth1 is in blocking state, so ideally the ping request and reply should not be generated on eth1 as per my understanding of blocking state since its should forward only STP BPDUs and nothing else….but its still generating the ping request and reply.

Is there something wrong in the behaviour or is it correct…I m confused with that…???????/

Is there any other way we can verify the blocking sate of STP??

Abhishek.

DISCLAIMER: