Re: Ethernet+Wireless Bridge?

>  Ok, my wireless expert friend (a windows guy) was surprised that
>  bridging between ethernet and wireless wasn't straightforward in linux.
>  He says it is trivial and works in Windows, supported by this:
>  http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/crawford_02april22.mspx
>  I'll try it next time I get the chance.

The ForceCompatibilityMode option is supposed to work with adapters
that don't support promiscuous mode, so I can only guess that it must
be doing L2 NAT, (with proxy ARP).

The equivalent solution on Linux seems like parprouted
(http://www.hazard.maks.net/parprouted/), which also seems to be
packaged for Debian, etc. I haven't used it, just found it searching
for "arp proxy" and linux. But it seems worth a look.