[Bridge] recent crashes? Linux kernel 2.6.18-1.2239.fc5 (Linux Fedora Core 5)

No VLANs here.

I'm using the integrated ip_tables for netfilter here. (Is there any
further detail I can provide about that?)

The network hardware is a single PCI card with four tulip chips on it
(21140), some of the four interfaces on this card get their own IRQs,
others share. (Actually, it's likely that all of the four are sharing,
either with each other or with some other device in the system).

Nothing has changed lately on the hardware.

The Fedora project released kernel 2239 recently.  I just rolled back to
the 2200 kernel to see if that would eliminate the problem.  The system
had crashed repeatedly in the hour before I rolled back the kernel.  In
the 80 minutes since I rolled back the kernel, it has not yet crashed
again. Not definitive, but very interesting.

What more information can I provide?

Thanks very much!
-Jay