[Bridge] bridge - canopy - cisco catalyst 2950

Did you get an answer to this?

I had a similar experience. To fix, I had to turn off spanning tree on
the cisco switch connected to the bridges as well as turn on dot1q
trunking on the ports on the switch the bridges used.

So the cisco config for my bridge ports:

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk
switchport nonegotiate

For the other ports on the switch, the switchport mode was set to access.

Hope this helps.