[Bridge] Network seperation and ethernet bridge...

Hello all,

I would like to know if it is possible to have 2 bridge instances
running - one for the internal network and the other for the external
network.
What I need to explain is that I need the internal bridge to go though
the Linux Kernel and pass its packets to the external network bridge.
I am also hopeful that the internal network bridge will not need an IP
address as I am hoping to allocate the internal network clients a gateway
address beyond the external network bridge and so when I have 2 similar
machines running with both internal and external network bridges
that when one machine dies completely then the other will take over.
Sooooo what I need to know is will I require proxy-arp and/or ip_forwarding?

[internal NW] ---> [internal bridge port 1 of  2]----[external bridge
port 4 of 4] --->[GW router]----> www.google.com

I would like to make it so that no request can obviously enter the
internal network via the external bridge without having been requested
from the
internal network --- something similar to tcp state marking but for all
protocals and/or ether types.

--
Kind Regards
Etienne