[Bridge] Re: Linux bridge on linksys WRT54GS running OpenWRT

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 12:01:47 +0100
Sebastien Chaumontet <sebastien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Following the this thread opened by Olaf
> (http://lists.osdl.org/mailman/htdig/bridge/2005-July/001026.html)
>
> We performed some more tests with and without wireless. Latest one was
> to remove CONFIG_BRIDGE_NETFILTER from kernel option at compilation
> time on a 2.6.14-rc4. This change solved the problem and the bridge
> was able to forward correctly MLD packets (IPv6 multicast subscription
> message).
>
> So the problem seems to be related to etables. Something related to
> IP/SABOTAGE in br_netfilter.c?

The netfilter interface is really the responsibility of the ebtables
project. I maintain the hooks for them, but what happens in the filters
is their doing.

If you want put a link on http://linux-net.osdl.org on the bridge page.

--
Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@xxxxxxxx>