FW: [Bridge] Bridging and Ethernet FCS

(second retry -first was bounced due to jpg background)

 Hello,

I am trying to understand how the bridge code deals with the Ethernet FCS.  I have written a WLAN driver, and have tied it to eth0 via the bridge utilities.  What confuses me is that when my hard_start_xmit routine is called, when it is receiving data from eth0, it comes complete with the FCS.  For a typical max length TCP packet, this puts the total frame length at 1504, which exceeds the 1500 Ethernet MTU.  So if my an unknowing driver takes the full payload and sends it across the wireless link, where on the other side it is passed back to Ethernet (also via the bridge code), it is discarded since 1504 > MTU.  How is this situation typically dealt with?

TIA,
Adam