[Bridge] Bridging and Ethernet FCS

Skipped content of type multipart/alternative-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Glacier Bkgrd.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 2743 bytes
Desc: not available
-------------- next part --------------
Spam detection software, running on the system "fire-1.osdl.org", has
has been attached to this so you can view it (if it isn't spam) or block

Content preview:  This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader
  does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be
  legible. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C48167.7E2F3D60 éeI am trying to
  understand how the bridge code deals with the Ethernet FCS. I have
  written a WLAN driver, and have tied it to eth0 via the bridge
  utilities. What confuses me is that when my hard_start_xmit routine is
  called, when it is receiving data from eth0, it comes complete with the
  FCS. For a typical max length TCP packet, this puts the total frame
  length at 1504, which exceeds the 1500 Ethernet MTU. So if my an
  unknowing driver takes the full payload and sends it across the
  wireless link, where on the other side it is passed back to Ethernet
  (also via the bridge code), it is discarded since 1504 > MTU. How is
  this situation typically dealt with? L?u© [...]

 pts rule name              description
 1.1 MIME_BASE64_LATIN      RAW: Latin alphabet text using base64 encoding
 1.1 MIME_BASE64_TEXT       RAW: Message text disguised using base64 encoding
 0.2 MIME_BASE64_NO_NAME    RAW: base64 attachment does not have a file name
 4.3 FORGED_IMS_TAGS        IMS mailers can't send HTML in this format