Re: ELCE 2015 videos unavailable

I hear that youtube-dl is a great program. It will also help you download
content from other sites such as slideshare and vimeo etc:
https://ytdl-org.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html

I've also heard that sites like youtube aren't fond of tools like youtube-dl,
so they change the metadata associated with their content on a regular basis
to thwart such tools. As a result, the youtube-dl installed with your distro
packaging is likely out of date, you'd be better off to install it using one
of the python packaging/installing tools directly (and keep it up-to-date
that way). As a result, I hear there are sometimes small gaps between youtube
changing their metadata, and youtube-dl catching up.

Also, youtube does detect downloads via youtube-dl, and will cut you off (or
more specifically, will cut off your IP) if you use it (in their opinion) too
much (search for: "youtube-dl unauthorized 403"). So you'd be wise to throttle
your usage of such a tool.

...or so i've heard...