Re: AMP on an SMP system

I also found:

"This processor is in the inner shared domain, and uses its cache coherency protocol."

I understand that some kind of memory coherency needs to be guaranteed in AMP applications as well, if memory is used for communication between the systems.

Of course with AMP can avoid using shared memory or restrict shared memory usage to certain small areas necessary for communication. Perhaps some kind of "cache bypass" method (that might be provided by the MPU for DMA purpose) for the memory region used for communication can be requested.

Thus, maybe setting SMPnAMP to "AMP" helps avoiding cache synchronizing latency and by this greatly improves the calculated max latency and thus especially in my favorite issue "virtual peripheral" is exactly the missing feature that allows to avoid most of the "non-determinism" problems Robert makes us aware of.

-Michael