Re: AMP on an SMP system

On 08/02/2013 05:37 PM, Marco Stornelli wrote:

I don't know your hw so my consideration are really general.
The hardware is not decided yet (it will be some A9 thingy). So for me "really general" is just fine.

ISRs in rt kernel doesn't exist or at least the only work is to wake up the kernel thread for the management.
I see.

But how to determine the max latency for this ?

The thing you can do is to move the kernel thread for interrupt X where you want to manage it, or you can set a specific scheduler policy. For example you can set a SCHED_FIFO with a very high priority for your "really low latency" tasks. RT kernel does the work for you :) You can see here: http://lwn.net/Articles/146861/

This seems be rather easy to do. If this is "good enough" latency wise, it seems to be the way to go.

-Michael