Re: [RFC/PATCH 0/2] u_char.c and mtp.c patches

2010/4/19 Felipe Balbi <felipe.balbi@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> 2010/4/18 Linus Walleij <linus.ml.walleij@xxxxxxxxx>:

>> Further comments: there is apparently a driver floating around this list
>> for supporting PTP through the gadgetfs. How does this work relate
>> to that, and why can't you use gadgetfs?
>
> dude, can't you read ? gadgetfs prevents us from combining into a composite
> gadget. We went throught that already. Please follow the thread before
> commenting.

Yeah sorry, I'm trying to catch up and miss some pieces here and there.
I'm mainly reading it from the MTP side of things.

>> Second: after looking at this, I think that atleast the part of
>> functionality
>> called "OS descriptor" should be in the kernel and not in userspace,
>> is the OS descriptor the reason to why you want to expose EP0 to
>> userspace, or are you using this for other things in the MTP stack?
>
> OS descriptor is MS specific crap, it's not on the USB-IF mtp spec and most
> like MS has some patent on that.

...so I read you like it's not going to be supported with the proposed
solution?

I think that if you want you gadget to work with older Windowses,
you simply have to support this.

Linus Walleij