Re: [Celinux-dev] CELF Project Proposal- Refactoring Qi, lightweight bootloader

On 12/28/09 00:21, Somebody in the thread at some point said:

Hi -

I started programming on a commodore 64.  By modern standards, that system is
so far down into "embedded" territory it's barely a computer.  And yet people
did development on it.

My dear Rob I got started on a PET, I can understand your POV :-)

kicked into the server space by the iPhone and such.  I want to follow Moore's
Law down into disruptive technology territory and find _out_ what it does.

The big challenge I see is delivering highly complex Linux devices with insufficient developers in a way that won't disappear up its own ass and kill the project / customer with delays or failure to perform.

It's nice if the device is efficient with every cycle, but that is a geek preoccupation. Many customers in suits will tell to spend an extra $1 to overcome it by hardware and gain back $5 from accelerated time to market, so long as they can depend on the high quality of the software basis to not kill that logic by delays.

-Andy