Re: [ANNOUNCE] CELF open project proposal

Mike Frysinger wrote:
> maybe i missed it, but there doesnt seem to be too much emphasis on
> working with the respective projects and getting merged.  that seems
> like one of the most important aspects of doing any enhancement work
> as anything not merged means it'll quickly be left behind and largely
> go to waste.
I agree.

Many of our contracts have a financial incentive built in to
get "mainlined". Some of our projects' sole objective is to
mainline already existing stuff (like Linux-tiny and SquashFS).

If anyone has a feature that already exists, but that they
think should be merged with the relevant upstream project,
that's a good candidate for a proposal.

One obvious project, which I'm waiting to see if someone else
submits, is to pay someone to mainline some of the outstanding
Android patches into the Linux kernel.
 -- Tim