Re: [ANNOUNCE] CELF open project proposal

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 18:47, Tim Bird wrote:
> The CELF Open Project Proposal is a process whereby members
> of the public submit to the CE Linux Forum ideas and
> proposals for projects that they think should be worked on
> to enhance embedded Linux.  The plan is to solicit ideas for
> our 2010 contract work projects. Areas of work can
> include the Linux kernel, graphics systems, toolchain work,
> or anything else that will help enhance Linux for use in
> embedded systems.
>
> Each year, CELF spends money on contract work to improve
> Linux for use in embedded systems. Some of the projects we
> have sponsored in the past include Linux-tiny, DirectFB
> enhancements, smem, and Squashfs mainlining.
>
> Usually, our process involves querying forum members about
> their desires and building a project list from that. This
> year, we are opening up the process and asking for your ideas
> and proposals as well.

maybe i missed it, but there doesnt seem to be too much emphasis on
working with the respective projects and getting merged.  that seems
like one of the most important aspects of doing any enhancement work
as anything not merged means it'll quickly be left behind and largely
go to waste.
-mike