Re: LZMA inclusion

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 10:16:17PM +0100, Sam Ravnborg wrote:

>> PS: Not sure if you, Sam, are the right person who cares for it, but
>> i think that the help-text and actual accepted arguments of
>> scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/check-lxdialog.sh are out of sync.
>I queued up the following:

Thanks alot.

>> PPS: I did not verify if this is still the case, but I have this
>> comment as a reminder for a small issue with "archprepare" versus
>> headers_install, fwiw. It would be very handy if i could fuse those
>> two into a simple "make ... archprepare headers_install":
>
>Which architectures needs this archprepare?

At least cris tripped this IIRC, at least before or around the time
when cris's subarch handling was fixed (the asm-cris/arch-v10 vs.
arch-v32 linking issue).

>It would be good to get rid of the dependency.

nod

>PS. I consider archprepare an internal target.
>If some preparation is needed the recommended target is 'prepare'.
>The day no targets has any special things they need to do archprepare will die.

The proper solution would perhaps be to do have prepare or archprepare
as a prerequisite of headers_install as long as those are needed, i guess.

I as a user don't want to be bothered with this mere implementation detail
in the first place, yes.