RE: Porting tips

Shaz,

> From: linux-embedded-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux-embedded-
> Hi,
>
> I am finding some issues and difficulties in porting some application
> but could not find any useful help and tips from google. Can anyone
> give me some pointers regarding porting applications with respect to
> architectural differences in x86 to arm and build tools like adjusting
> simple makefiles for cross compilation.

Well this list is mostly pointed at Linux issues and not general application development.  Still you might find some off-list help if you stated what manner of issues you are running in to.  Are you having trouble with autotools?  Any packages in particular you can list that are giving you trouble?

> Apologies for off the topic request but thought that relevant pros
> will be available on this list :) I will appreciate if relevant
> mailing lists can be also pointed out.

Also, the irc channels listed in a recent mailing should be helpful.  Try pinging some of the more active folks on irc.

> thanx.
>
> --
> Shaz
> --