Porting tips

Hi,

I am finding some issues and difficulties in porting some application
but could not find any useful help and tips from google. Can anyone
give me some pointers regarding porting applications with respect to
architectural differences in x86 to arm and build tools like adjusting
simple makefiles for cross compilation.

Apologies for off the topic request but thought that relevant pros
will be available on this list :) I will appreciate if relevant
mailing lists can be also pointed out.

thanx.

--
Shaz