Re: Acceptable use, and archives for this list

Hi Tim.

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 01:59:10PM -0700, Tim Bird wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I don't think this list has gotten much advertisement yet, though I see
> it already has 91 subscribers.
Only a notice on lkml and maybe a bit more.

> I am wondering about acceptable use for the list.  Does it have the
> same usage guidelines as LKML?  I avoid sending things like notifications
> about embedded Linux conferences to LKML.  Is this something I should
> also avoid on this list?

Speaking for myself here... I would like to see directed embedded stuff
sent from 'know' persons. So not just mindless forwardning.

> I presume that the scope of the list is the kernel.  Hence, discussions
> about middleware or user-space program would not be appropriate unless
> they related to a kernel feature under discussion.  Is this correct?
>
> The reason I ask is that I'd like to position celinux-dev correctly
> with respect to this list.  I think I'll likely leave celinux-dev
> running, but I want to push discussions to the right list.
>
> Also, will the list be archived anywhere?  There no archive listed
> on vger.kernel.org.  Is the general policy for vger lists to have
> them externally archived?
vger does not archive but rely on external sources.
Anyone can ask Hank (marc.info) and other places to archieve the list.

> Finally, who is the administrator of the list?
The vger.kernel.org postadmins. Their contact mail can be found
somewhere at vger.kernel.org.

HTH,
	Sam