Re: No more /sys/bus/platform/drivers/efi-framebuffer since simpledrm?

(cc'ing Javier)

Am 13.09.24 um 15:53 schrieb Ard Biesheuvel:
Hi Richard,

On Thu, 5 Sept 2024 at 11:22, Richard Hughes <richard@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

The fwupd daemon used to read /sys/bus/platform/drivers/efi-framebuffer to get the EFI framebuffer size so we can choose the UX capsule bitmap for the correct size (and set the correct position) -- and make the UEFI firmware update for users a little nicer.

We've found out that that API has disappeared without warning in Fedora 40. Seemingly the only way to get the info now is to scrape the kernel event log -- but that can't be the right way to do it? I also don't think we can use the DRI interface as we don't know what card/crt the firmware used for booting.

We pondered if this was a regression from the conversion from efifb to simpledrm. I'm using a standard Fedora 40 distro kernel, with the config of https://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/temp/config-6.10.6-200.fc40.x86_64 if that helps. Any advice most welcome.

cc'ing Thomas, who was involved in this work.

I think that is the issue that has been discussed (and maybe resolved) at

  https://github.com/fwupd/fwupd/issues/7598

Best regards
Thomas

Thomas Zimmermann
Graphics Driver Developer
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH
Frankenstrasse 146, 90461 Nuernberg, Germany
GF: Ivo Totev, Andrew Myers, Andrew McDonald, Boudien Moerman
HRB 36809 (AG Nuernberg)

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]