Re: No more /sys/bus/platform/drivers/efi-framebuffer since simpledrm?

Hi Richard,

On Thu, 5 Sept 2024 at 11:22, Richard Hughes <richard@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The fwupd daemon used to read /sys/bus/platform/drivers/efi-framebuffer to get the EFI framebuffer size so we can choose the UX capsule bitmap for the correct size (and set the correct position) -- and make the UEFI firmware update for users a little nicer.
>
> We've found out that that API has disappeared without warning in Fedora 40. Seemingly the only way to get the info now is to scrape the kernel event log -- but that can't be the right way to do it? I also don't think we can use the DRI interface as we don't know what card/crt the firmware used for booting.
>
> We pondered if this was a regression from the conversion from efifb to simpledrm. I'm using a standard Fedora 40 distro kernel, with the config of https://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/temp/config-6.10.6-200.fc40.x86_64 if that helps. Any advice most welcome.

cc'ing Thomas, who was involved in this work.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]