Re: Is there a known boot failure with 6.2-rc and the Intel SDV EFI systems?

On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 at 00:15, James Bottomley
<James.Bottomley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've got a Rainbow Bridge SDV I mostly use for TPM work, and I haven't
> updated it in a while.  Today I found that the recent 6.2-rc4 kernel
> won't boot and won't emit any kernel messages signalling a failure
> somewhere in the handoff code.  I did put some EFI boot stub prints in
> and verified it gets all the way to exit_boot_services before the
> problem, so it smells like it fails initializing the EFI console for
> runtime.  I've also verified that v6.1 release works just fine, so it
> looks like something that went into EFI in the recent merge window.
> I'm starting to bisect now, but thought I'd ask in case anyone else has
> already debugged this.

Nothing in particular comes to mind. Is this a mixed mode system?

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]