Re: efivarfs: unlinking open files results in spinlock corruption

On 12/26/2012 06:16 PM, joeyli wrote:
I am checking the write/umount/mount/read problem on v3.8-rc1.

The issue also can trigger by read the GHOST test file. When issue

True. But this reproducer is meant to be isolated from efivarfs_file_write
code path and reproduce a general locking problem.

I separately report the ghost file problem in http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.efi/465

happen, the size of test file is zero. The 'var->efivars' already set to
NULL when issue reproduced, that's why we always got NULL pointer
dereference when try to spin lock it.

efivars comes from private data of the file when it has been released.
It can be some random value instead of NULL, so we see the varying behavior.

If we don't do umount/mount step, then everything is OK for we can
create/delete test file many times. But, if we umount/mount efivarfs
then more easy to trigger issue.

I confirm this.

--
Lingzhu Xiang