Re: Recieving DVB-C with DVB-T units

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Tim Williams<tmw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Aug 2009, Christian Wattengård wrote:
>
>> Ok. Too bad. Then why are DVB-T units, that needs more technology,
>> half the price of DVB-C units... Annoys me... :)
>
> That's probably down to economies of scale. Most people who have cable will
> have been supplied with a receiver box by their cable company, so buying a
> PCI/USB card for the computer will be an addtional option for most cable
> users, that the majority don't want/need. Where as for DVB-T you pick your
> own equipment at the shop, so you may well go for the PCI/USB adapter as the
> first option.

That beeing said. What is currently the cheapest availible, and
supported, DVB-C USB/PCI unit availible?
We have the Hauppauge 930c for 650 NOK here now (about €75), and I
have seen the Satelco cards on dvbshop for €55. But the shipping to
Norway from dvbshop (which I believe is in germany) is more than what
makes it valuable.

-C-