how to code a driver for a tv tuner card??

Hello,

I am posting today because I am VERY interested in learning more about how to code a driver for a tv tuner card.

I am learning C and to a lesser extent Assembly.

Could you be so kind as to answer the following questions:

1. What documentation do you suggest I read in order to start coding drivers for tv tuner cards for Linux?
2. What programming languages are used for the above purpose?
3. Do I need to know electronics?

Thanks in advance,

Julien.