Re: DVB-T USB dib0700 device recommendations?

Hi Guys,

[snip]
> > > Maybe the VIA usb-hub controller on the board is the problem?!
>
> Could be part of the problem.
>
> > > Would be interesting of someone has the same or other experiences with
> > > this card or other PCI based cards. Hauppauge ignores all my questions,
> > > so I can't recomment products of this manufacturer anyway.
>
> Good to know. Thank you!
>
> cheers
> -henrik
>
> --

I try to avoid, when ever possible, to participate in such statements.

I don't even posses currently and never did previously any Hauppauge
device.

That you may end up in some m$ support only ring in somewhere on the
planet is also very likely too, but we also had very different results
in the past even for that.

In fact, Hauppauge's GNU/Linux support, let's say during the last five
years, is such outstanding well, that it is not even worth to try to
start counting, who other OEM can even come close to it.

On the higher level, chip manufacturers, we also had very good support
from Philips/NXP.

What you likely don't see is, that people who did this, did it still in
their unpaid and limited free time, but m$ driver only colleagues at
work might have helped as well sometimes.

And there is still a huge market for v4l-dvb related devices going over
the whole globe, it still increases like mad. It is a, count up
yourself, N $ market each year.

Since a lot of fish is springing out of the water, because of that, we
have this NDA problem.

So, if you would like to have an argument on this issue, you should be
able to count who has contributed _despite_ of that and you don't know.

Cheers,
Hermann