Re: dvbsream v0-5 and -n switch

Il giorno ven, 02/01/2009 alle 22.03 +0200, Anssi Hannula ha scritto:
> Nico Sabbi wrote:
> > BTW, for years I asked to insert the correct "reply-to" header in this
> > *fuckingly broken* mailing list (to send replies to the list rather than
> > to the poster), but not a single time I received an answer by His
> > Majesty the ML administrator.
> > Can someone fix this issue, please? If not, can the admin at least
> > explain *why* he/she wants to keep it broken?
> > Please, no speculations: just facts.
>
> This is the standard practice on kernel development lists.
>
> See e.g. http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

yes, that link was sent to me other times; I disagree
completely with all that it says, especially because
if you are sending messages to a list it's perfectly reasonable
to expect the replies to belong to the list, at least by default.
Replies may be addressed to the original poster, but that is
surely the exception, not the norm.