Re: em28xx frontend does not attach

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is probably not that complicated for you to fix the Cinergy Hybrid entry at
> v4l-dvb.
>
> You'll need to use usbsnoop tool to capture what the original driver is doing
> [1].
>
> After that, you can parse the log and fix the initialization values for
> GPIO and GPO registers. You can also load em28xx with reg_dump=1 and parse the
> dmesg output with the em28xx parser, comparing to what the windows driver did.

Hello Mauro,

We don't need any usbsnoop for this device at the moment.  I have the
trace for this device already, thanks to Cosma Colanicchia.

We are having a comparable issue with the zl10353 attach for the
Pinnacle PCTV that I am actively debugging.  It's possible once I find
that issue, it may start to "just work".

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller
http://www.devinheitmueller.com