Re: How to stream DVB-S2 channels over network?

Artem Makhutov schreef:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to stream a DVB-S2, H264 channel over my network to an STB.
>
> I an using the TT 3200 DVB-S2 card with multiproto drivers from Igors repository.
>
> So faar I have tried 3 different solutions:
>
> 1. Using szap2 & dvbstream
>
> # szap2 -r -p 'ASTRA HD'
> # dvbstream -udp -i 239.255.0.1 -r 1234
>
> 2. Using szap2 and VLC
>
> # szap2 -r -p 'ASTRA HD'
> and setup VLC using the GUI to read from
> /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 and stream to 239.255.0.1
>
> 3. Use Windows with ProgDVB and stream to 239.255.0.1
>
> Basically only the solution using Windows is working.
>
> The streams from linux are all broken.
> The video and audio stops every 5 seconds for 1 second.
>
> So I can imagine 2 scenarios:
>
> 1. The stb0899 driver is broken and is producing a bad stream
> 2. The network streaming of VLC and dvbstream is broken
>
> Do you know any other methods to stream a DVB-S2 channel over network?
>
> Thanks, Artem

Artem,

Have a look at my tvpump program which is part of my set of programs I
use to view livetv (http://www.verbraak.org/wiki/index.php/TVSuite).
I use ffplay to view HD content but I currently also have problems
viewing HD content because my computer for viewing is a bit to slow.

Regards,

Michel.