Re: MC44S803 frontend

Jochen Friedrich wrote:
> Hi Roberto,
>
>> Is there any plan to include this frontend in mainline kernels?
>> I used to run this driver months ago and it was working well.
>
> The reason is the huge memory footprint due to the included frequency table.
> I worked a bit on the driver to get rid of this table. Could you try this version:
>
> 1. Patch for AF9015:
>
> http://git.bocc.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=dbox2.git;a=commitdiff;h=e5d7398a4b2d3c520d949e53bbf7667a481e9690
>
> 2. MC44S80x tuner driver:
>
> http://git.bocc.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=dbox2.git;a=blob;f=drivers/media/common/tuners/mc44s80x.c;h=b8dd335e64b03b8544b4c95e2d7f3dbd968078a0;hb=4bde668b4eca90f8bdcc5916dfc88c115a3dfd20
> http://git.bocc.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=dbox2.git;a=blob;f=drivers/media/common/tuners/mc44s80x.h;h=c6e76da6bf51163c90f0ead259c0e54d4f637671;hb=4bde668b4eca90f8bdcc5916dfc88c115a3dfd20
> http://git.bocc.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=dbox2.git;a=blob;f=drivers/media/common/tuners/mc44s80x_reg.h;h=299c1be9a80a3777fb46f65d6070965de9754787;hb=4bde668b4eca90f8bdcc5916dfc88c115a3dfd20

Hi Jochen,

thank you for your work. I see the table values are gone and
parameters are computed by the code.

I will only be able to test this driver in a couple of days, as I do
not have the hardware (Cinergy T USB XE Ver.2) with me at the moment.

Do you prefer me to apply the patch to one tree in particular?

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it