Re: Nova-S-Plus audio line input

On Friday 19 December 2008 11:41:51 Darron Broad wrote:
> In message <200812191127.35952.lawrence@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Lawrence Rust
> wrote:
>
> Hiya.
>
> >On Thursday 18 December 2008 20:17:41 Darron Broad wrote:
> >> hi

> >> I would be interested to see what changes you made to achieve this
> >> and am able to test. Please share your patch for testing.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> darron
> >
> >Diffs for linux kernel 2.6.24 andcd out/linux.x86/release/bin/src the
current v4l tip attached.

> >The change for the current top of tree is minimal - just a few lines in
> > the static configuration data of cx88-cards.c.
> >
> >The changes for 2.6.24 parallel the changes made for audioroutes in the
> >current tip.
> >
> >Note the changes to cx88_alsa.c to remove the tuner volume control if
> > there's no TV tuner and to re-group the switches more logically.  I was
> > thinking of adding some code to adjust the WM8775 gain - what do you
> > think?
> >
> >HTH.
>
> Thanks for that Lawrence. I will test this soon.
>
> With regard to the gain control on the WM8775, perhaps you can
> look at this:
>
> http://hg.kewl.org/v4l-dvb-test/shortlog
>
> You can find some patches here:
> http://hg.kewl.org/v4l-dvb-test/rev/c1d603af3bef
> http://hg.kewl.org/v4l-dvb-test/rev/302d51bf2baf
> http://hg.kewl.org/v4l-dvb-test/rev/8b24b8211fc9
>
> Which sound like they would do what you desire?
>
> I should rebuild these patches soon to for better testing purposes
> but in the meantime please test if you are interested.

Yes, these patches look _exactly_ like what I was thinking of.  The control of
audio overload was my main priority, together with a nice ALSA interface.
I'll give them a try and report back.

NB I can build current top of tree, but I'm only testing with my Nova card on
kernel 2.6.24.  I don't have a proper test m/c setup to try anything too
bleeding edge.

Thanks.

-- Lawrence Rust