Re: Nova-S-Plus audio line input

In message <200812191127.35952.lawrence@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Lawrence Rust wrote:

Hiya.

>On Thursday 18 December 2008 20:17:41 Darron Broad wrote:
>> hi
>>
>> >I have a Hauppauge Nova-S-plus PCI card and it works great with satellite
>> >reception.  However, I would also like to use it with an external DVB-T
>> > box that outputs composite video and line audio but when I select the
>> > composite video input I can see a picture but get no sound.
>> >
>> >I'm using kernel version 2.6.24 so I dug around those sources and I see in
>> >cx88-cards.c that there's no provision for line audio in.  However, the
>> >latest v4l top of tree sources have added support for I2S audio input
>> >and 'audioroute's.
>> >
>> >So I modded my 2.6.24 sources to support the external ADC and enable I2S
>> > audio input using the struct cx88_board cx88_boards.extadc flag, similar
>> > to the changes made in the current top of tree.  This now means that I
>> > can watch DVB-T :-)  I don't believe the changes affect any other cards.
>> >
>> >I would like to see support added for the Nova-S-Plus audio line input in
>> > the kernel tree asap.  What's the best way of achieving this?  I can
>> > supply a diff for 2.6.24 or the current top of tree.
>>
>> I would be interested to see what changes you made to achieve this
>> and am able to test. Please share your patch for testing.
>>
>> Thanks
>> darron
>
>Diffs for linux kernel 2.6.24 and the current v4l tip attached.
>
>The change for the current top of tree is minimal - just a few lines in the
>static configuration data of cx88-cards.c.
>
>The changes for 2.6.24 parallel the changes made for audioroutes in the
>current tip.
>
>Note the changes to cx88_alsa.c to remove the tuner volume control if there's
>no TV tuner and to re-group the switches more logically.  I was thinking of
>adding some code to adjust the WM8775 gain - what do you think?
>
>HTH.

Thanks for that Lawrence. I will test this soon.

With regard to the gain control on the WM8775, perhaps you can
look at this:

http://hg.kewl.org/v4l-dvb-test/shortlog

You can find some patches here:
http://hg.kewl.org/v4l-dvb-test/rev/c1d603af3bef
http://hg.kewl.org/v4l-dvb-test/rev/302d51bf2baf
http://hg.kewl.org/v4l-dvb-test/rev/8b24b8211fc9

Which sound like they would do what you desire?

I should rebuild these patches soon to for better testing purposes
but in the meantime please test if you are interested.

Cheers

darron

>-- Lawrence Rust
<snip>