Re: lifeview pci trio (saa7134) not working through diseqc anymore

En/na hermann pitton ha escrit:
> Am Freitag, den 12.12.2008, 00:26 +0100 schrieb Jordi Molse:
>
>> En/na hermann pitton ha escrit:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> as said, I have neither the Trio with isl6421 nor any DiSEqC switches in
>>> use.
>>>
>>> But an Asus Tiger 3in1 with lnpb21 and several other cards with isl6405,
>>> like Medion Quads, triple Creatix CTX948 and CTX929 DVB-S only.
>>>
>>> All this cards work for 13/18Volts and low/high band switching, means
>>> all broadcasts are available except DVB-S2 stuff.
>>>
>>> The dual LNB isl6405 is totally identical to the isl6421 concerning the
>>> programming of the first LNB and there have been reports for receiving
>>> over 2000 services on 13.0E with the Trio cardbus. That should indicate
>>> that at least all direct simple voltage and tone low/high switching
>>> should work as well.
>>>
>>> If possible, try to circumvent the switch once and connect directly to a
>>> dish. You should be able to receive low and high band stuff on 13 and 18
>>> Volts.
>>>
>>> For mixed old and new modules loaded, try "make rmmod" twice and "make
>>> rminstall" on top of mercurial v4l-dvb. Check if any modules are left in
>>> your kernel version media modules folder or just delete/backup it
>>> completely.
>>>
>>> Run "make install" and "modprobe -v saa7134" assuming you have
>>> "use_frontend=1" already in your module options.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Hermann
>>>

> Hi,
>

>> hey,
>>
>> thanks for the info.
>>
>> if i don't use diseqc, i can view every possible channels for each
>> satellite, the problem appears only when it goes through diseqc.
>>

> OK good.
>

>> thanks for the tips on how fixing the system, but because i have no
>> patiente and i'm a newbie (and have nothing of value in this machine), i
>> ended up reinstalling everything, which takes less time for me.
>>

> I'm not aware of any recent change and think it doesn't matter anyway,
> as long you can change the source to come back to what seemed to be
> working for you.
>

>> i just sent a message to the list, saying if it's possible i've broken
>> the card somehow. Please, have a look at it and tell me what you think.
>>
>> thanks.
>>

> I really tried hard, until realized the isl6405 is behind the tda10086
> i2c bridge, but think it is close to impossible with what we have around
> and at all, except high voltage occurs from outside without protection.
>
> I would try a cold boot next, say 40 seconds without any power
> connected. The 13 and 18 Volts you can also easily measure at the
> connector of the card.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Hermann

oh, i hadn't thought of that... the computer has always been powered on
all the time. As it is not running anything critical, i will try to plug
everything out for the whole night and try again tomorrow. We'll see
then if magic comes for breakfast, hahaha!!!

thanks.