Re: [FIXEd] Bug Report - Twinhan vp-1020, bt_8xx driver + frontend

Well, it's not a difficult fix now that I see it.  The issue was that the
original default for FE_ALGO_SW was 0 while FE_ALGO_HW was 1.
Since there is an older documented option for the dst module called dst_algo
that some people might still be using to force the tuning algo to sofware by
setting dst_algo=0, there is no choice but to also make the default of
DVBFE_ALGO_SW to also be 0 so that the values will match and the new code
will still function with users who force dst_algo=0 on the dst module load..
The fix would thus be to go from: this in dvb_frontend.h
enum dvbfe_algo {
        DVBFE_ALGO_HW                   = (1 <<  0),
        DVBFE_ALGO_SW                   = (1 << 1),
        DVBFE_ALGO_CUSTOM               = (1 <<  2),
        DVBFE_ALGO_RECOVERY             = (1 << 31)
};

to this:
enum dvbfe_algo {
        DVBFE_ALGO_HW                   = (1 <<  0),
        DVBFE_ALGO_SW                   = 0,
        DVBFE_ALGO_CUSTOM               = (1 <<  2),
        DVBFE_ALGO_RECOVERY             = (1 << 31)
};

This is what I've done now and works well. This is the only change required
to fix the issue.   In dst.c we could also default dst_algo to
DVB_FRONTEND_SW instead of 0 to make it more robust.  I can't see any code
else where that depends on DVBFE_ALGO_SW being set to 2.

For those that do not want to patch code, the alternate way to get the cards
to work is to simply load the dst module with the dst_algo parm set. to 2:
ie. modprobe dst dst_algo=2   ( to have the dst module return the current
value of DVBFE_ALGO_SW) back to the front end code.