Re: dib0700 remote control support fixed

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 7:40 PM, petercarm
<linuxtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK it is working on the Nova-T 500 but it is throwing up "Unknown remote
> controller key" messages in dmesg in amongst correctly processing the
> correct key presses.  I'll try using irrecord to work on a new
> lircd.conf and see if it goes away.

Hello Peter,

I am following up on your issue with your Nova-T 500.  I noticed the
following update to the linuxtv.org wiki:

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php?title=Template:Firmware:dvb-usb-dib0700&curid=3008&diff=18052&oldid=17297

If there is a problem with the dib0700 1.20 firmware, I would like to
get to the bottom of it (and get Patrick Boettcher involved as
necessary).  I am especially concerned since this code is going into
2.6.27 and the behavior you are describing could definitely be
considered a regression.

As far as I have heard, most people have reported considerable
improvement with the 1.20 firmware, including users of the Nova-T 500.
 So I would like to better understand what is different about your
environment.

Could you please summarize the results of your testing on both
devices?  In particular, there should be no lircd involved, as this
device should be sending keystrokes directly via the kernel.

Thanks,

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller