Re: Distorted analog sound when using an HVR-3000

In message <51029ae90811211417x75e042d1tf247ae8e2387ee15@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "yoshi watanabe" wrote:

lo

>On 11/21/08, Eduard Huguet <eduardhc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Thanks for your info. I'll give it a test next Monday and post here the
>> results.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>   Eduard Huguet
>>

>> 2008/11/21 Darron Broad <darron@xxxxxxxx>
>>
>>> In message <617be8890811210115x46b99879l7b78fcf7a1d59357@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>> "Eduard Huguet" wrote:
>>>
>>> LO

>>> video

>>> There are some known problem with cards using the WM8775 codec.
>>>
>>> Use this repo here:
>>>        http://hg.kewl.org/v4l-dvb/
>>>
>>> It changes how the WM8775 operates and you will be able to
>>> control the input levels using v4l2-ctl.
>>>
>>> Please tell me if this solves your problems.
>>>
>>> Good luck
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>>  // /
>>> {:)==={ Darron Broad <darron@xxxxxxxx>
>>>  \\ \
>>>

>hi there, just wanted to pop in and inform that audio finally works
>perfectly on hvr-1300 with analog tv antenna input (europe, poland,
>PAL-DK) when using drivers from that branch.

Ok good news. Thanks for sharing this information.

>i still have to do the  arecord | aplay trick, though. (
>http://godard.b.free.fr/dotclear/index.php?2007/04/04/13-hauppauge-wintv-hvr1300-under-linux
>).

This isn't so much a trick as more a requirement. AFAIK tvtime
only adjusts the audio level of your sound card and doesn't
actually sample audio and play it back.

>mixer control does not seem to be working with tvtime, but i can still
>use the audio card on my box - so no big problem here.

You could alternatively use mplayer to view TV.
See under Audio/Video capture here:
	http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-4000

BTW, don't try to tune TV with mplayer on the MPEG device node
as it will produce an OOPS.

MPEG tv playback and capture should also work now in MYTHTV. At
least it does for me.

>i'll test s-video later with playstation2, but i think things are
>finally looking quite good for hvr-1300 linux users ;-)

It should work okay. This is the kind of thing I have tested except
in my case with an ancient commodore PLUS/4 and not a PS2 :-)

cya!

--

 // /