Re: Distorted analog sound when using an HVR-3000

On 11/21/08, Eduard Huguet <eduardhc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for your info. I'll give it a test next Monday and post here the
> results.
>
> Best regards,
>   Eduard Huguet
>

> 2008/11/21 Darron Broad <darron@xxxxxxxx>
>
>> In message <617be8890811210115x46b99879l7b78fcf7a1d59357@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>> "Eduard Huguet" wrote:
>>
>> LO
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >    I'm testing a Hauppauge HVR-3000 for its use with MythTV, and I'm
>> >observing that I have a completely distorted sound when using any of the
>> >analog inputs (TV, S-Video or Composite). The sound is completely
>> > crackly,
>> >not understanble at all, just noise. I've teste 2 different cards, so I'm
>> >pretty sure it's not a "faulty card" issue.
>> >
>> >This happens both in MythTV or when using directly mplayer to capture
>> video
>> >& audio.
>> >
>> >I'm using an up-to-date HG DVB repository.
>>
>> There are some known problem with cards using the WM8775 codec.
>>
>> Use this repo here:
>>        http://hg.kewl.org/v4l-dvb/
>>
>> It changes how the WM8775 operates and you will be able to
>> control the input levels using v4l2-ctl.
>>
>> Please tell me if this solves your problems.
>>
>> Good luck
>>
>> --
>>
>>  // /
>> {:)==={ Darron Broad <darron@xxxxxxxx>
>>  \\ \

hi there, just wanted to pop in and inform that audio finally works
perfectly on hvr-1300 with analog tv antenna input (europe, poland,
PAL-DK) when using drivers from that branch.

i still have to do the  arecord | aplay trick, though. (
http://godard.b.free.fr/dotclear/index.php?2007/04/04/13-hauppauge-wintv-hvr1300-under-linux
).

mixer control does not seem to be working with tvtime, but i can still
use the audio card on my box - so no big problem here.

i'll test s-video later with playstation2, but i think things are
finally looking quite good for hvr-1300 linux users ;-)