From: Rune Evjen
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 2:56 PM
Subject: Re: Any DVB-C tuner with working CAM?

Hi,

I use the TT 2300-C Premium card with a Conax CAM (rev 1.1) - 4.00e and this works fine with my cable provider. The CAM was ordered from www.dvb-shop.net along with the DVB-C card.

Apparently they only ship rev 1.2 ( (http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p20_Conax-CAM--Rev--1-2----4-00e.html) now which also supports the bitrates of HDTV, but I have not tested this CAM, although dvb-shop states that rev 1.2 is compatible as well.

My cable provider is not Technisat, but I guess that if Technisat encryption is based on Conax 4.00e then the CAM should be okay.

My configuration works in mythtv and (by recollection) mplayer and xine.

I get the same dmesg output as you for the tt-dvbpci card.