0ac8:c002 Z-Star Microelectronics Corp

Hi guys

I hope this is the correct place to post this information.

I can report that the built in 0ac8:c002 Z-Star Microelectronics Corp
webcam (Sony Vaio VGC-LS1), works with the latest driver on Ubuntu-8.10.

It works with Ekiga.

aMSN detects it but only shows a black window as if the brightness is
turned down to zerro.

Is that due to driver features or aMSN?
Or is it a combination of both driver and aMSN?

Its not easy for me to clearly see.

Buy the way.  I have posted a thread in the Ubuntu forums on updating to
your developer gspca drivers.  Since people are having issues with the
default kernel drivers :-

That should help test the drivers.  Hope you don't mind.

Regards
Dave aka linux23dragon