Re: [ANNOUNCE] scan-s2 is available, please test

Hi,

2008/10/28 Alex Betis <alex.betis@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> I had plans to do most of the things you've requested, but had no time and
> decided to release the utility without those options so it will be tested.
> I'll send an update when it will be ready.

Fine. Thx

> A question about modulation. Can you point me to a place that describe what
> modulation number N means what?
> "man 5 vdr" lists the options, but its impossible to understand the mapping:
> "M   Modulation (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256,
> 512, 998, 1024)"

Small snipet from VDR/channels.c
-------------------------------snip------------------------------
const tChannelParameterMap ModulationValues[] = {
  {  16, QAM_16,   "QAM16" },
  {  32, QAM_32,   "QAM32" },
  {  64, QAM_64,   "QAM64" },
  { 128, QAM_128,  "QAM128" },
  { 256, QAM_256,  "QAM256" },
  {   2, QPSK,     "QPSK" },
  {   5, PSK_8,    "8PSK" },
  {   6, APSK_16,  "16APSK" },
  {  10, VSB_8,    "VSB8" },
  {  11, VSB_16,   "VSB16" },
  { 998, QAM_AUTO, "QAMAUTO" },
  { -1 }
  };

> FEC you can specify in the frequency file as "AUTO", "1/3", "2/3" and so on.
> I'll update README to make it clear. All frequency files samples show that
> option.

i have seen, that FEC will be set if FEC is in initial file.
If transponder was found via NIT it will be not set

Regards
Oleg Roitburd