Re: [ANNOUNCE] scan-s2 is available, please test

Hi,

2008/10/25 Alex Betis <alex.betis@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello all,
>
> I've setup the http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/scan-s2/ repository with
> scan utility ported to work with Igor's S2API driver.
> Driver is available here: http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/s2-liplianin/
>
> Special thanks to Igor for his driver and for szap-s2 utility that I've used
> as a reference for scan-s2.
> Thanks also to someone from the net that posted his changes to scan utility
> that allowed it to work with uncommitted diseqc.
>
> Pay attention to parameters (see README as well), I've added some and
> removed some that I don't think are needed.
>
> Scan results gave me the same channels as with multiproto driver on all my
> satellites, so that confirms also that Igor's driver is working well.
>
> I didn't yet tested the output files with szap-s2 or with VDR, don't have
> time right now.
> Please test and let me know if changes are needed.
>
> I have only Twinhan 1041 card (stb0899), so I can't test it with DVB-T,
> DVB-C and ATSC standarts, but theoretically it should work.
>
> Enjoy,
> Alex.

Thank you for this usefull tool. I have tried them with TT S2-3200.
It works with s2-liplianin.
Some question
Is it possible to implement in vdr-dump
1. Options for Modulation (MN where N=2  is QPSK if DVB-S and N=2 for
QPSK and N=5 for 8PSK)
2. Options for FEC. As I know cx24116 can't FEC AUTO for DVB-S2
3. ROLLOFF?
4. CAID dump.  http://arvdr-dev.free-x.de:8080/freex-dvb-apps/rev/47e9dbb968fc
5. Channel Name encoding to UTF.
http://arvdr-dev.free-x.de:8080/freex-dvb-apps/rev/55bf7441a602