Re: Problem making v4l driver tree

Mike,
          I usually find that it failing to find the include files
indicates that the kernel source/headers are not installed correctly. I
find that for my distro doing a make kernel-links with perhaps a depmod
thrown in fixes this kind of problem. I don't know about the IRQ loop
but then honestly I don't know much about this stuff.

Cheers Paul

Mike Adolf wrote:
> Paul Chubb wrote:
>
>> Mike,
>>          the make file is looking for the .config from your installed
>> kernel. On some distributions like Gentoo it is where it is expected
>> because Gentoo users compile another kernel at the drop of a hat.
>> Other distros like ubuntu ship the config file but it is not in the
>> right place. For ubuntu you would look in the /boot directory. It will
>> be called something like config-<kernel revision>. Copy it to the name
>> .config in the specified directory:
>>
>> /lib/modules/2.6.25.16-0.1-pae/build/.config
>>
>> You will need to find out what your distro does to ship the config
>> file, get a copy and put it there.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> Mike Adolf wrote:
>>
>>> According to the Mythtv Wiki on the pctv 800i card you need to extract
>>> firmware from windows file and download "v4l-dvb-c800683faf86.tar.gz",
>>> and do a make and make install to get the latest tree of drivers
>>> installed.  However, when I did the make I got the following  error.
>>> ------
>>> Updating/Creating .config
>>> Preparing to compile for kernel version 2.6.25
>>> File not found: /lib/modules/2.6.25.16-0.1-pae/build/.config at
>>> ./scripts/make_kconfig.pl line 32, <IN> line 4.
>>> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `.myconfig', needed by
>>> `config-compat.h'.  Stop.
>>> -----
>>> I am use to resolving dependency errors but don't know what to do with
>>> this one. I am using SuSe 11.   Since I do get good video but no sound,
>>> would it be a good idea to do an 'Install-sound' only-once I get it
>>> to make?
>>>
>>> Mike

> I tried that and then it could not find
> /lib/modules/2.6.25.16-0.1-pae/build/include/linux/netdevice.h.
> Maybe I won't need to install the v4l tree.  I say this because in dmesg
> I noticed the error
>
> cx88[0]/1: IRQ loop detected, disabling interrupts
>
> Now all I have to do is find out how to resolve it. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
> Mike

believed to be clean.